Question:
Blue Screen. Hardware Malfunction. NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error.?
ffasheepdog
2014-11-22 15:27:30 UTC
I keep getting the blue error screen mainly when I have the dell pc (model OptiPlex 780) running at idle over night or even on the "switch user" screen and every now and then when I'm using the internet. At idle it runs roughly at 38% ram usage (I have 4 gig ram on a windows professional windows). It may just be me but 38% seems kind of high for just being at idle. I've gone thru the dell.com system diagnostics and it claims everything is running fine with no problems. I was wondering if it may be a virus or a ram stick (I have two two gig sticks) going out? When the blue screen pops up and I restart the computer it'll work just fine till I get another blue screen.
Four answers:
Terresa
2015-08-10 21:21:43 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

2014-11-22 15:31:04 UTC
You may have a hardware issue unrealted to your RAM. Before sending the computer off for hardware diagnostics, I would suggest formatting the hard drive. This can be done by reinstalling your Operating System. If this does not work, try getting in contact with Dell Customer Support or visit an electronics retailer which offers help with computer repairs (such as Currys/PC World).

Good luck! :)
?
2016-03-13 10:38:43 UTC
I had the same problem but is more related to the hard drive not the ram , I am 100% that will be good luck
Sasha Whitefur
2014-11-23 06:20:34 UTC
Every BSOD has a STOP code, which indicates which drive or component has failed, without knowing that, diagnosing is only guesswork.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/tp/stop_error_list.htm