Question:
Will this GPU work with my power supply?
2014-07-26 17:04:10 UTC
I have a 350 watt power supply.
This GPU says it only needs a 300 watt, but I've heard it's a lot more complicated than just matching up my power supplies. I've tried using power supply calculators, but i cant figure them out...

This is the GPU I want:

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclock-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3753-KR/dp/B00IDG3IDO/ref=zg_tr_284822_1

He are my specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 3.4 GHz
Number of Cores 8
CPU ID BFEBFBFF000306C3
Family 06
Model 3C
Stepping 3
Revision
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 625
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GT 625
Dedicated Memory 2.0 GB
Total Memory 3.9 GB
Pixel Shader Version 5.0
Vertex Shader Version 5.0
Hardware T & L Yes
Vendor ID 10DE
Device ID 104B
Plug and Play ID VEN_10DE&DEV_104B&SUBSYS_844C1043&REV_A1
Driver Version 9.18.13.2702
Memory 16 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64 Bit
Edition Basic
Version 6.2.9200
Locale 0409
BIOS 0901
Version American Megatrends Inc. 0901
Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc.
Date
Display Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080
Sound Device 1 Realtek High Definition Audio
Driver Version 6.0.1.6865
Sound Device 2 NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Driver Version 1.3.26.4
Sound Device 3 NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Driver Version
DVD ASUS DVD RAM GH95N
CD ASUS DVD RAM GH95N
Drive
Size 1.8 TB
Free 1.3 TB

Thanks everyone!
MB
Four answers:
Whatevers
2014-07-26 17:10:06 UTC
It'll probably work, but you really should get a better PSU and a better graphics card to go with your CPU.

Or sell that CPU, and get an i5.
2014-07-26 17:10:47 UTC
Well all other components need watts so using most of it for the GPU would leave none left for the rest I guess. Which would mean computer wouldn't work. Try going on this site: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ then 'build' the PC hterw tih your parts it will say if the parts are compatible or not.
2014-07-26 17:09:37 UTC
The GPU might require dual 12 volt rails, but generally, as long as you get a "name brand" PSU, you're ok. Antec, Corsair, Thermaltake, Silverstone EVGA, these are good brands.
Adrian
2014-07-26 17:17:20 UTC
According to:

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

you need a 400W PSU for the 750Ti video card. Your PSU may not be enough.