Question:
My computer crashed!!!!!!!?
Ilovejesus
2008-12-27 07:58:40 UTC
When I start my laptop it just goes to hp then it beeps and a black screen displays at the the top left press F1 to resume press F10 to setup, but my keyboard is not responsive to anything. I can only power it on and off. I think my OS is corrupted, wat can I do? I have no discs or anything....
Four answers:
blacky2585
2008-12-27 08:02:37 UTC
if it's under warranty, phone tech support
Tári Nenharma
2008-12-27 16:12:49 UTC
This does seem like an issue with the OS. The only way you can restore your OS is with the recovery disks provided by the manufacturer. What make and model is the laptop?

Anyway, you should contact your manufacturer to ensure you do not void the warranty (if you have one). Your manufacturer will provide the information as to where to send the laptop or provide you with the recovery disks. Ask for the actual Windows disk instead of the manufacturer's recovery disks to ensure you get a fresh install of the OS.
2008-12-27 16:13:18 UTC
Did you press f1 and f10? I'm assuming you one of two things happened. Either you deleted your hard drive in the boot sequence by playing around in the BIOS or your hard drive burnt up. You will either need to go into Bios and enable the hard drive or you will need a new hard drive. There is one more option to try that would tell you what is going on but since you don't have a disk. I don't understand that but....
Ron75
2008-12-27 16:06:36 UTC
If it isn't under warranty then your best bet would be to take it to one of your local computer repair stores. But check around before you do that as many of them don't know much more about them than you do.

Ron