Question:
Can I connect a serial port on a Dell desktop (about 5 years old) to UBS Female?
bmckiss
2005-12-10 06:48:36 UTC
Can I connect a serial port on a Dell desktop (about 5 years old) to UBS Female?
One answer:
valareos
2005-12-10 06:56:04 UTC
Im not sure exaclty what you are asking for, so I will give 2 examples and you are free to accept the answer that applies :D

1 If your computer does not have a serial port, and you are wishing to take a serial device and plug it into the computer (like an external modem), there are USP to serial adaptors for this. Basically, you plug the device to your USB and it will add a serial port. My company sells such a cable.

2 If you have a serial port on your computer, and are trying to connect a USB device to your computer using that serial port, im sorry, but the technology is not compatable for that method. I reccomend instead, purchase a PCI USB Card to install into your desktop, to give you USB capability