Question:
Where Can I find Linux Video Card Drivers?
llbbl
2005-12-08 12:45:31 UTC
I own a ATI Mobility 9600 video card. I have looked on their website, and thought that they didn't make Linux drivers, but than someone on a online forums said they had theirs running with Linux drivers.
Four answers:
TJ
2005-12-08 12:57:51 UTC
This is the ATI Linux Driver page in their knowledgebase

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1176
turtletime
2005-12-08 20:52:11 UTC
If you get a decent distro like Ubuntu, the drivers will be provided. Otherwise, Nvidia puts the drivers right on the product page. ATI does have less support for linux, but ATI cards will work just fine in most distros. I'd recommend Ubuntu though, it will most likely work right out of the box.
zhalbrecht
2005-12-08 20:48:19 UTC
Here are some for Debian.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html

as this is the mobility chipset i think the poster probably has a laptop. most of the time you cannot just install a new display adapter on a laptop.
koko
2005-12-08 20:47:46 UTC
ATI video card does not work well under linux. NVIDIA video card does. If you are looking for video performance under linux, better get a NVIDIA.