Question:
How can I copy a DVD on a PC w/ just one DVD drive?
markbres
2005-12-08 10:51:16 UTC
I'd like to duplicate a DVD of play performance my daughter was in (not copy protected). Can I do that on a computer w/ one DVD R/W drive? If so, how?
Two answers:
2005-12-08 11:02:08 UTC
Since it's not copy protected, this is VERY EASY. Simply make a folder on your hard drive and then copy the contents of your DVD into this folder. Then using an application that burns DVD-Video (such as Nero) create a compilation and then drag the contents of VIDEO_TS into the VIDEO_TS folder in your "DVD-Video" compilation and then burn the disc. To reiterate, make sure you create a DVD-Video compilation, not a DVD-ISO/UDP/Boot disc, etc. Most burning software will check the compilation to make sure that it is DVD-Video compliant and let you know if there are any problems with compatibility.
iamthemodernmodelofammg
2005-12-08 19:04:24 UTC
The easiest and I mean EASY way to do it is with a free program called DVD Shrink (http://www.dvdshrink.org/) Just insert the dvd, run the program, and click a few buttons. You will need to install AHEAD NERO to burn the dvd but you can install the trial version and it will work fine.