Question:
if a phenom will work?
kamwilson
2009-02-25 08:13:19 UTC
i wanna know if a amd quad core will work in a HP dx2450 KA574UT please help i need to know the one i had in it burnt up and i need to get a new one thats faster
Three answers:
qbdeal1
2009-02-25 08:18:53 UTC
Nope, your motherboard is not compatible, Just build a PC with the specs you want.
jwpowers5
2009-02-25 16:23:54 UTC
No, an AMD phenom cpu will not be compatible with your motherboard.

Phenoms require AM+ sockets, and your motherboard only has AM2.

It is possible to upgrade to a faster speed in your athlon x2 though. According to your product #, you only had 2.3 ghz in each core before. Amd now makes athlon x2 that run at over 3 ghz! Before you buy the fastest cpu, be sure to check the maximum speed that your motherboard will accept. Most motherboards will not go over 2.6ghz. I just bought my athlon x2 4850 2.5 ghz on ebay for $49, so there are some deals out there.
JP
2009-02-25 16:16:13 UTC
sd