Question:
Delete file, still to full?
2009-05-10 04:18:45 UTC
My C drive is full (no memory left). So i deleted a few files and programs, all in all about 2 GB, but the second I restarted my computer, it said that it only had 4MB of space left. Why is this? How can I fix this? I tried defragmenting but still no luck.
Four answers:
2009-05-10 04:31:46 UTC
Try this:

Open My Computer, right-click on the drive you want to free space on. Then choose "Properties" and then select "Disk Cleanup". Select the parts which you would like to clean up e.g Temporary files, offline web pages e.t.c. You can also click on "More Options" and clean up even "System Restore". After this your drive will have loads of free space.

All the best...
?
2009-05-10 04:33:02 UTC
windows probably used the space you emptied to get the page file to the size it needed, from the sound of things it may even need more.

The best thing to do is backup all your files in your documents onto disk, or another pc on the network if you have one, and delete.

To find out where all your space is being taken up, open C:\ drive, then right click on each folder to see it's size.

Start from the biggest one, and determine what's inside it, and decide if you need it, if you don't, delete it, or if it's files you can put on CD or another pc or drive, do so then delete it from C:\ to free up space.

Files like Program Files will have more folders in them that have more programs, look at each folder to see the size and determine if the size it is taking up is worth it being there.

I advise you to get a larger hard drive, as it seems like your current hard drive has become too small, it's best to get this C:\ "ghosted" or "mirrored" onto your new one, to save you have to reinstall all your programs, but if you don't mind that, a fresh install of windows is advised.

If you can't afford to do this right now, you have to face facts and start removing stuff you don't need.
pavan
2009-05-10 04:28:43 UTC
A perfect solution :-

Do the following things:-

right click on recycle bin and click on properties

now select use one setting for al drives and make the percentag to 3% or lower. and click ok

Now right click on my computer and go to properties

now click on system restore

now select c drive and click on settings make the disk space usage to 5% or less click apply and ok to any warning message ...

now u will find some amount of space in ur c drive
KISHTML
2009-05-10 04:22:29 UTC
Empty Recycle Bin too.